Monday, May 4, 2009

Chicken Cesar Wraps

I was trying to scrounge around the house and come up with something to make that didn't force me to go to the grocery store along with every other person in town this Saturday, and this is what we had! I put everything into a tortilla for my husband so he didn't feel like he was "only having salad for dinner". I ate it as salad. Kids liked them in tortillas. My youngest threw his tomatoes on the floor. Of course he throws the one thing the dog refuses to eat as well. Lucky me!



Ingredients:

Cooked chicken breast, cubed (*see recipe for marinade below)
2 romaine hearts, chopped
1 tomatoe, diced
Cesar salad dressing, as much as you like
Tortillas

Combine chicken, tomatoes and dressing in bowl and toss to coat. Wrap in tortilla, or eat as is!

Marinated Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix

Combine oil, vinegar and season packet in a large ziploc bag. Add chicken and seal. Marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours, and up to 24 hours. Bake at 425 for 20-25 min or grill.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds yummy! I might have to try this one.

Anonymous said...

I had this one for lunch yesterday, but I used the cooked cut up chicken breasts that is by the lunch meat, 'cuase I didn't have time to cook my own chicken, and then I cut up strips of corn tortillas and fryed them and put them in there too, for an extra crunch. Rob LOVED these and I did too. Super yummy, and easy!
--Heather