Thursday, December 11, 2008

Philly Beef Sandwiches

I ordered a cookbook from my son's pre-school fundraiser because it was right up my alley! It's called Fix, Freeze, Take & Bake. Make ahead meals! Perfect! I made this one when I was home one night, so I didn't have to make it ahead.

Ingredients:

2 Tbs butter
1 1/2 lbs beef sirloin steak sliced into thin strips
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
2 beef bouillon cubes
Hoagie Buns
Mozzarella cheese slices

In a large skillet, heat butter. Saute beef until fully cooked. Add onions and green peppers, cook until tender. Add 1/4 cup water and beef bouillon cubes, stirring to dissolve cubes. Cover and let simmer 10-15 minutes. Top buns with meat and cheese and pop under broiler for a few minutes to melt and toast.

If freezing:
Allow to cool and then transfer to freezer bags. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave. Then heat over stovetop. Freeze up to 6 months.


Feedback:
Fabulous! We all loved it. The babies wouldn't eat the bell pepper. I was in shock.

No comments: