Sunday, February 1, 2009

Broccoli Beef

We order this ALL the time when we eat chinese, so I searched for a recipe and found this one on Allrecipes.com. It is even better that going out!



Ingredients:

1/4 cup flour
1 (10.5) oz can beef broth
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs soy sauce
1 Lb boneless steak cut into strips (I used rib eye)
1/4 tsp fresh ginger chopped
1 clove garlic minced
4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
1 med onion sliced into strips (optional)
2 tbs wok oil (or any kind of cooking oil)

In a bowl, combine flour, broth, sugar and soy sauce. Stir to combine. In a large wok over high heat add oil and beef. Cook for 2-4 min until browned. Stir in broth mixture, ginger, garlic and broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 5-10 min until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.

**My kids LOVED this, even the broccoli. The sauce is excellent. And I highly reccomend using the wok oil - it has a slight garlic flavor to it and really makes a difference. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great, thanks! I just came across your blog and I would love a link to it from our site, Foodista.com. (This will direct Foodista readers to your blog - great way to build traffic). Here's how you can create inbound links from our site using these Blogger tools. Thanks!

Abby said...

And I bet it's TEN TIMES better for them, too! (Not that I don't eat Chinese takeout. 'Cause we do. Often. But I have made Sesame Chicken at home - good stuff!)