Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kitchen Must-Haves

Since Christmas is coming up, I thought I'd review some of my favorite kitchen tools - things I use often and feel are VERY worth every penny. So if you are lacking any of the following and would like to change that...read the reviews, and add them to your list!

Slow-Cooker

I have raved about mine many times here. A slow cooker is a mother's best friend; working or stay-at-home. A slow cooker require minimal effort but provides a maximum result. If you don't have one, I highly suggest you get one!


Food Processor

Before I bought one, I never really thought I needed one, didn't think I'd use it much, but found one on sale and decided to grab it. Now I don't think I could survive without it! It is amazing for making dips, soups, dough, and the grater attachment it comes with has saved me tons of elbow grease and money! I despise shredding cheese for some reason, but I also refuse to pay 25% more to buy it pre-shredded from the store. It's too expensive, doesn't melt the same, and generally is a waste. Using the grater attachment, I am able to buy a big block of cheese for much less, cut it into 4 squares, shove it down the top of the food processor, and it is grated in seconds! I dump it into a food storage bag and don't have to think about it again til I have to buy some more. Awesome!

Imersion Blender

Makes for a much easier time making soups. You won't have to pour in batches into your blender. It's soup season people. This is a perfect stocking-stuffer!

A GOOD knife

Cutting onions/meat/potatoes/pretty much anything with one of your steak knifes you got in a kit for your wedding is just painful. Get one or two sharp, good quality knives. Make your life much easier.

Rice Cooker

I am no good at figuring out rice in a saucepan for whatever reason. It always takes too long to cook. A rice cooker turns off when the rice is done, based on a weight measurement inside. My rice cooker is amazing.

Kitchenaid Mixer

The grand master of all kitchen tools. They are expensive, I know. But they are so worth it! No stainding next to a bowl and mixing, no need to knead dough...need I say more? I always bake as presents for Christmas, only because I have my Kitchenaid Mixer. Otherwise the neighbors would get craft projects from my kids. I am sure they prefer cookies!

No comments: