Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

One of my very favorites! I had planned on making Sloppy Joes this night, but my husband said he didn't feel like sloppy joes...so I scrounged around for what other ingredients I had on hand and sure enough, I had everything I needed for Chicken Parmesan. And it was AWESOME!

Ingredients:

1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
3 chicken breasts, sliced into about 4 strips
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup jarred spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded italian cheese blend(You can buy the preshredded in the store, or combine what you have. I had shredded mozzarella, fontina and parmesan so that's what I used)
1 tsp dried basil (optional)

Heat oven to 375
Place bread crumbs and egg into shallow dishes. Dredge chicken in egg, then bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in a saute pan over med-high. Cook chicken strips in batches about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a large baking dish. Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken in dish. Top with cheese blend, and sprinkle with basil. Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your strips.

I serves spaghetti along side this. It was excellent. Photo coming soon!

No comments: