Saturday, September 12, 2009

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Admittedly, I am not much of a baker; I make a huge mess and use way too many dishes. I prefer cooking. And, though I know it is not normal, I do not have much of a sweet tooth. Ice cream is my guilty pleasure, and I actually don't like chocolate; a fact which causes my mother to often claim I am not her child. I rarely bake, because then I end up giving too much of it to the kids so that it won't go to waste, so I usually don't bake sweet treats. At birthday parties, I always pass on the cake. However, tomorrow there is a bake sale at church to raise money for a ministry that I participate in where we go to Mexico and build houses for needy families. So I made my favorite sweet treat. I love white chocolate.



Ingredients

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts (**after eating these, I feel I would have been okay with just 1 cup of nuts...there were alot in each cookie. Your choice.)
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Beat together melted butter and sugars. Beat in the egg, then the egg yolk, then the vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just combined. Stir in the chips and nuts gently. Scoop by large tablespoonfull onto lined baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden and centers are not quite set.





**I used my melon baller to drop cookies onto baking sheet, so I don't have to push the dough off the spoon with my fingers and also makes the cookies all the exact same size (which helps with even baking!). I also line the baking sheets with parchment paper. Much easier cleanup and a much softer cookie!

No comments: