Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baked Chicken Finger Bites

Last night, I had a migraine from "you-know-where", so I was in no mood to cook. We ordered pizza and one of those new pastas from Pizza Hut. We got the chicken alfredo. It was pretty good!

Today I made my toddler a warm lunch to send to school. I got this recipe from my moms group, so I thought I'd share it. I tried one while I was packing the rest up for him. They are really good!


Baked Chicken Finger Bites


1 cup corn flakes
1 cup plain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten

Turn the oven on to 375 degrees F. In a pie pan or other shallow, large dish, pour out the corn flakes. Crush the cereal up with your hands. Mix in bread crumbs, sugar, salt, pepper. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil evenly over the breading, tossing it to mix the oil through the bread crumbs and crushed-up corn flakes. Cut the chicken fingers into smaller bite sized pieces, 2-inch pieces. Turn the chicken in flour, eggs and then in the crunchy breading. Arrange the chicken toes on a nonstick baking sheet. Place the chicken bites in the oven and cook 15 minutes or until crisp and brown all over.


*Use your favorite ranch or honey mustard to dip these treats in! (I sent ranch)



Student says:

"Mamma, I eat my chukin (chicken). I like it lot! And my raynins (raisins). They all gone!"

No comments: