Friday, September 26, 2008

Three Cheese Spaghetti Pie

For my bridal shower, my maid-of-honor requested that everyone bring a copy of their favorite recipe for me to cook sometime. This one came from my only Aunt, Aunt Vicki. I made it once for me and hubby, and we really liked it. I know the kids will too.

Ingredients:

6 oz spaghetti, cooked, drained and rinsed
1 large egg, separated
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 lb ground beef (or turkey)
1 1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
3/4 cups ricotta cheese
1 tsp dried parsley
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray. Combine spaghetti, egg white and parmesan in a bowl. Press mixture into pie plate to form a pie shell. Cook beef in a skillet. When browned, stir in spaghetti sauce and simmer 5 min. Set aside. Combine ricotta, egg yolk, parsley, and 1/2 cup mozzarella in bowl. Spread mixture into pie shell. Spread meat sauce over cheese mixture and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, removing foil during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Allow to stand for 5 min. before serving.
Serves 6

Thanks Aunt Vicki, the kids are going to love this!

Feedback:
They all loved it. My 2 year old had 2 helpings. My husband is a much better parent than me. If we have anything with red sauce when I am home, I won't give it to the babies because I hate the mess, especially since they are both in a "I-throw-my-food-on-the-floor-when-I'm-done" phase. I'm so mean! Hubby lets them have at it AND cleans it up. Im so lucky!

No comments: