Monday, September 22, 2008

Crockpot Steak and Blue Cheese

This looked fabulous to me, and I was super jealous that I wasn't going to get to try it straight out of the pot! I had 10 minutes to throw this all together before jetting out the door, so I forgot to take pics - sorry!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb flat beef - I used round tip
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbs Worchestershire
2 cloves garlic smashed
1 cup crumbled blue cheese

Marinate meat in sauces and garlic in a ziplock bag in fridge overnight. Pull meat out of bag, and pour liquids into the crockpot. Lay out pieces of meat and sprinkle blue cheese on them. Roll the meat around the cheese into a log. Place meat seam-side down into the crockpot. Repeat with all meat. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Feedback:
My husband said this was way too salty for him. Which means I KNOW I would have thought it was fabulous, because I have a salt addiction. I should have probably used sodium free soy-sauce, since the cheese is salty already. But he said that the kids gobbled it up. My 2 year old had 2 helpings. There was none left for me. Bummer!

No comments: