Monday, September 22, 2008

Crockpot Tamale Pie

Today is my Friday! WOO HOO!!

Ingredients:

2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix (the little ones)
1 lb ground beef
1 can drainded rinsed black beans
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can drained corn
1 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Spray crock pot with cooking spray (just realized I didn't do this!! Oops!) Brown meat in a sauce pan ( I seasoned it with salt and pepper). Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl (including the cheese), add meat once it is completely cooked. Dump into crockpot. Mix 2 boxes of corn muffin mix per insturctions on box. Top the mix in the crockpot with the miffun mix and spread to cover. Cook on low 4-7 hours.

Feedback:

My husband said this was good. He only had a few bites though, because the kids were making him nuts. And my 2 year old wouldn't touch it because he saw a cake I made on the counter, and this wasn't it! I know my husband is so glad I'll be home the next 2 nights!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

This sounds yummy. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ive made this without meat and it is so good!