Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Apples, Apples, Apples

It's that time of year! We went to a mom's group meet-up today to share apple recipes. Here's what I took, a few I'd been waiting to try:

CrockPot Applesauce



4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used Gala apples)
juice from 1 lemon
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs brown sugar
1/4 cup water

Place apple slices in your crockpot. Add the melon juice and the water. Pour in the vanilla and add the cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Once apples are tender, mash with a potatoe masher or fork. Serves 4




Apple Delish



2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans cresent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a cresent roll. Place in a 9x13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream and spoon sauce over the top.


Feedback:

Applesauce - first let me say that I am not, nor have I ever been, an applesauce fan. But this was FABULOUS! I liked that it was warm, and kind of chunky, and the vanilla flavor was delicious. My only gripe is that it makes so little. Note to self ** double recipe for next time! This would be so good over ice cream! YUM!

Apple Delish - is just that - DELISH! Sweet, sticky, yummy good! You will love this dish, you have to make it! I forgot the vanilla. I'm not sure how, since it was on the counter already from being used in the applesauce. But I'm lucky to find my own head most days. At least I remembered to take the dishes I made to the meet up. That's good for me!

No comments: