Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cheesecake Brownies

I have made these once before for a potluck and everyone LOVED them. I had all the ingredients on hand, so I thought I'd make some for us tonight. I've already had 2...okay 3. And to be honest, the actual recipe calls for the lowfat cream cheese, but personally I think that's a sin. So I abided by the lowfat directions and used the applesauce and egg whites, but this girl will not scrimp on cream cheese. Period.

Ingredients:

1 pkg brownie mix
1/2 cup applesauce
3 egg whites, divided
1/4 cup water
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese-softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350. Mix brownie mix, applesauce, 2 egg whites and water. Pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan. Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and remaining egg white until well blended. Spoon over brownie batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect. Bake 28-30 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs attached.



Feedback:

They were fabulous, as usual. Too fabulous. I don't even care for chocolate, and I can't get enough of these. My son drug one of the table chairs over to the island and dug into them for a few minutes before I caught him. I couldn't get mad, who could blame him? It's the brownies fault. I won't make them for awhile again. After we all come off our sugar high!

No comments: