Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cheesy Enchiladas

We ended up taking the kids to John's Incredible Pizza last night, and they had a blast! Though, I really hate paying $8.99 for a buffet, when I know I did not eat $8.99 worth of food! But the kids were free, and they eat as much as I do, so I guess it all equals out! Tonight I will be helping at a fundraiser dinner, so I will be pre-making a dinner for the fam again, since I will be gone from 4 to about 7. This is a new recipe, it looks really good!!

Ingredients:

2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
1 1/3 cup water
2 tbs chili powder
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
16 flour tortillas (8 inch size)
4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 medium onions finely chopped
8 oz sour cream
1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, olives for topping - optional

In a large saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 4-5 min until thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon 2 tbs sauce over each tortilla.
In a large bowl, combine all monterey jack cheese, 2 cups of the cheddar, onions, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Place about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13x9 baking dishes. Pour remaining sauce over top. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheddar on top and bake 4-5 min longer until cheese is melted. Garnish if desired.
Yield 16 enchiladas

**I halfed this recipe. We eat alot, but not that much!!
**Photo does not include cheese on top that is to be added at the end

Feedback:

My husband said it was too cheesey for him, but the babies each ate a whole enchilada themselves! I had one when I got home and I LOVED it. They were freakin' fabulous, I will never be satisfied with a restaurant cheese enchilada again.

No comments: