Sunday, October 5, 2008

Enchilada Verde Casserole

I made this one up. I didn't get to the store today, so I had to use what I had on hand, and this is what came out! Has all the same ingredients as the chicken enchiladas I have made before, just all tossed together. Hopefully its good, it sure looked good to me!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
8 flour tortillas, torn into pieces
1 1/2 cup salsa verde
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese - separated
1/2 tbs cumin
salt and pepper

Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Shred. In a large bowl, combine tortillas, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken. Pour into 9x9 baking pan. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly.

Feedback:

Ok, I changed this a little based on what hubby said. He didn't like the corn tortillas I used and he said the beans were kind of hard still. So I revamped the recipe above to reflect the changes. He said the kids really liked it though, of course. I can always count on them to finish their plates!

No comments: