Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spicy Shrimp Linguini

I just realize I didn't post what I made for dinner on Tuesday! It's another one of my throw-togethers, and it was super yummy!!

Ingredients:

Sauce:
1 pint half and half
2 tbs butter
1 1/2 tbs flour
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
1 box linguini noodles

Shrimp:
2 lbs shrimp
2 tbs olive oil
4 tbs butter
8 cloves garlic
salt and pepper

Boil a large pot of water. Salt the water and cook the noodles.
In a large saute pan, melt butter and add flour to make a rue (paste). Slowly pour in half and half, wisking at same time to smooth out clumps. Continue until all half and half is gone. Add cheese and stir to melt. Add more milk if needed to get right consistency. In another saute pan, add olive oil and butter and melt. Combine peeled shrimp, salt and pepper, and garlic cloves (minced) to pan and cook until just pink. Pile noodles on plate and pour alfredo sauce on top. Top with 6-8 shrimp and drizzle with the butter from the shrimp pan.

Feedback:

This came out really great! I just made it up, so I was pretty proud! And it wasn't overly spicy. My brother and his family came over for dinner and everyone loved it!

1 comment:

amycaseycooks said...

We love spicy food in our house - well at least half of us do. Your recipe is one that I love - quick and tasty.