Monday, October 13, 2008

Mom's Cheeseball

Sorry it's been awhile, but I was out of town all weekend, so the family lived on pizza, McD's and fair food! I'm home now, but tonight my husband wanted to try out the Omaha Steaks we ordered with a gift card he received, so I was off the hook tonight. He's going to try the NY strips, and season them with Montreal Steak seasoning. Easy enough!

Today I made a treat for myself. My mom always would make this cheeseball only for family get-togethers, no matter how much I begged for it on "regular" days. So as soon as I moved out, I got the recipe and made it for myself whenever I want. She who pays for the groceries makes the decisions! =)

Ingredients:

2 boxes cream cheese - room temp
2 pkgs sliced deli beef (like Buddings brand), diced
3-4 green onions, diced
1 tsp worchestershire
3 tbs butter - room temp

Once butter and cream cheese are room temp, combine them together in a tupperware using a hand mixer. Add worchestershire. Stir in beef and onions by hand. Place back in the fridge to set. Serve with triscuits, wheat thins, or your favorite cracker.

No comments: