Monday, October 27, 2008

Blackened Chicken Wraps with Balsamic Mayo

Dinner for Tuesday-
I had this amazing wrap at Mimi's Cafe the other day, and I can not wait to re-create it! It was excellent! So I dug up a few recipes and threw in a little of what I thought I tasted and come up with this:

Ingredients:

Blackened Chicken:
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
Olive oil
4 boneless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all spices together. Drizzle olive oil over chicken breasts. Then coat evenly with spice mixture. Heat a non stick skillet over high heat until it is really hot. Place chicken in hot pan and cook for 1 minute on each side. Transfer chicken onto baking sheet and cook in oven for 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of breasts)

Balsamic Mayo:
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp cayenne (opt)

Combine all ingredients.

Wraps:
Sundried tomatoe tortillas
Lettuce
Tomato
Shredded cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese

Spread mayo onto tortilla. Lay down lettuce, tomatoe slices, and cheese. Place slices of blackened chicken. Fold tortilla in on the sides and then roll. Cut at an angle in the center and serve.

Feedback:
Oh my gosh, were these fantastic! Even my husband loved them. And I thought FOR SURE he'd give me a hard time about the sundried tomato tortillas, since that would trigger the "healthy flag" in his mind and he is positive that he can't stand any healthy/diet food. So I was surprised I got no resistance, and he loved it too!

No comments: