Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bean and Vegetable Soup

I threw this together for myself for lunch today, since it finally feels like fall here in SoCal!

Ingredients:


Olive oil
3 slices bacon, sliced
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 zuchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen spinach
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beef broth
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained

Heat olive oil in large stockpot. Cook bacon until browned, remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Add in all diced veggies and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Pour in tomatoes, broth, and beans. Stir to combine. Add bacon back in, and spinach. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes to combine flavors and finish cooking veggies. Top with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.

Feedback:

I threw this together just pulling out things that I had, and it came out super yummy! I have to enjoy soups for lunch, because the hubby doesn't think soup is a meal, so I never make it for dinner. This will last me all week!

No comments: