Thursday, October 9, 2008

Black Bean Tamale Pie

I am back to work tonight, and I will be gone all weekend, but my mom has come down to help the hubby with the kids. She makes this recipe for my dad all the time and wanted to make it tonight for our family. Thanks mom!

Ingredients:

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 pkg (8 1/2 oz) corn bread/muffin mix
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

Cook beef, onion, and green pepper together in large skillet over medium heat. Drain. Stir in beans and salsa; set aside. In a bowl combine muffin mix, milk, egg and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour muffin mixture into greased 9" pie plate. Bake at 375 for 5-6 minutes. Spoon beef mixture over the crust, leaving a 1/2" edge. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes longer until cheese is melted. Yield 6-8 servings

Feedback:

My mom said she accidentally put in 1 cup milk instead of just 1/4. My husband couldn't tell the difference. And as usual, my kids inhaled it so I doubt they really tasted it anyhow. God love em'.

No comments: