Friday, October 17, 2008

Chicken Rice Bake

This is an easy recipe that I THINK came from Campbells...but I could be wrong. It's one of my growing collection of recipes I can throw together before I leave and all hubby has to do is throw it in the oven. The kids love rice, and they make a holy mess with it. But I'm not on clean-up duty tonight!

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups rice (uncooked)
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
3 chicken breasts, halved
I packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Put rice in the bottom of a glass baking dish, add water and salt. Combine soups and pour over the rice. Place chicken breasts on top of the rice & soup mixture, then sprinkle the onion soup mix on top of each chicken breast. Place in the oven for about 30 minutes, then check to see if rice is getting dry. If it is, add a splash of milk to re-hydrate. Return to the oven for another 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle cheese over the top and return to oven for another 5 minutes.


**First let me apologize for the not-so-appetizing looking picture. Keep in mind that I am not home once the dinner is actually cooked, so lets just say that this particular site shows you what it looks like BEFORE it's cooked. Maybe I can coerce my husband to take a pic for me when dinner is done...but somehow I doubt it!

No comments: